Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Foodtrip: Basilio's Basil-based Pasta and Resto

Hello blogosphere!

Let's all pretend that I haven't been MIA for the longest time ... 
Introductions are one of the most awkward thing there is.

So just yesterday I was able to once again try Basilio's Basil-based Pasta and Resto in Koronadal, South Cotabato. I say once again because this is one of those restaurants that my family loves going back to even if it's in a different city from where we go home to.

Aside from the food, what I really like about this place is the aesthetics that it's going for.


 It is originally an old house turned into a restaurant and I'm guessing that the owners used to travel a lot and loves collecting stuff. 

A lovely little sala inside.

It kinda feels like a little maze inside(in a good way) and it's easy to find yourself getting caught up in looking more closely at each group of displays. Let me show you some of them.

Almost like an altar dedicated to good movies and records.

Keychains from places they've been! Why hadn't I thought of this?

This wall reminds me so much of the 90s. Encyclopedia and action figures.

They also have a lounge at the second floor where you can hang around Japanese style.

I think these are supposed to be refrigerator magnets. I love how they are so vintage though. 

Peanuts stuff!


Of course if you are a little claustrophobic(like my mom is) and wants to feel like you are in the restaurant, they have an area like this.

So let's go to the food part. 


Lasagna - P105

Basilio's version of lasagna is lighter than most, which is great for people like me who most of the time have trouble finishing up rich food. But if you love glorious cheesy flavors, this is not the lasagna for you.


Seafood Pasta - P105

This is my favorite dish from them so far. If you're crazy for seafood flavors, this will not disappoint.


Kinilaw for P260

Kinilaw is one of the most common dishes there is. For international readers, Kinilaw is like sashimi I guess. It's tuna cut into small cubes and served raw. It has a sauce that is made up of vinegar and mayo (and other stuff, depending on the recipe). The vinegar does the "cooking". I like that Basilio has their own version, adding mango and salted egg to the original recipe. The portion is huge too.


Glazed Spare Ribs - P260

Can you see the ribs? It's hidden beneath all the greens. I'm not a big fan of the ribs themselves but the greens on the other hand, these lovely deep fried kangkong, are probably what will get my carnivorous sister to start eating veggies.


Basilio Salad - P105

This salad tastes like Christmas to me. Watermelon, cucumber, orange, pineapple, apple (and other stuff I failed to recognize) topped with cheese and served with a dip that I'm pretty sure has mustard in it.

To sum up, my favorites are the Kinilaw and the Seafood Pasta. I highly recommend those. They actually have a lot of stuff on their menu. Some are good for only one person (mostly the pastas) while some are for sharing. 

Prices are reasonable too in my opinion, especially in the portion they come in. It is expensive though compared to other food places in the city. Koronadal is a small city after all with low cost of living. 


So what do you think?
How do you like your Kinilaw?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment